Are you going to be on the island next month and want to know what happening? Check out our list of just a fraction of the events and activities that Long Beach Island has to offer locals and visitors alike.
- International Kite Festival 12:30-5pm each day. Visit www.lbifly.com for more information.
- 18-mile run across Long Beach Island. Race starts at Holgate at 10:3oam. “The event is sponsored by St. Francis Community Center, Brant Beach, NJ, in cooperation with the LBI Jewish Community Center.Funded In Part By A Grant From The Board Of Chosen Freeholders.”
- Entry Fees:
$65 per runner after 9/30/18
$35 for USATF-NJ
- Wildlife Conservation Film Festival. Doors open at 6:30pm and the film begins at 7pm. “The festival features award-winning documentary films and panel discussions to inform, engage and inspire wildlife conservation and protection of the environment.”
- Surf light Theater of Beach Haven presents “Zombie Prom – A teenage romance between a good girl (Toffee) and a bad boy (Jonny) spirals out of control leaving a trail of nuclear waste.” $20 adults, $12 children 12 and younger.
- Beach Haven Fall Festival from 11am tp 5pm. “This event is entirely fall related with hay rides, apple pie eating contest, live music, fall craft beers, autumn wines, caramel apples, apple cider, a variety of local food vendors, scarecrow contest, petting zoo, pumpkins, mums, face painting and more!”
- Books at the Beach: A Book Club for Kids – Once a month this club will be held for children beginning at 3:30pm. Kids will do activities based on provided text and are sent home with their own book. Juice and snacks provided. Suggested for reading levels 5th grade & up.
- Clean Ocean Beach Sweep in Ship Bottom from 9am to 12:30pm. List of locations with be updated here.
October 20- 21:
- Lighthouse Challenge of New Jersey – Can you make it to the top of all New Jersey’s functioning lighthouses? Join the race to help the preservation and education efforts of our states historical landmarks. Hours of operation & directions for each lighthouse are listed at: www.lighthousechallengenj.org.
- 22nd Annual Striped Bass Derby held from 8am to 5pm. “This event has raised more then $500,000 to date to benefit local organizations.” Call the Township of Beach Haven for more information.
- Annual Ghost Fest at the LBI Museum from 11:30am to 4pm. Call office for more details 609.492.0700.
- Surf City 4th Annual Trunk or Treat from 6pm tp 8pm. All “trunks” will be parked outside of the fire house. All “Trunk or Treaters” must be accompanied by an adult. Games. music, and snacks provided.
- Halloween – Trick or Treat. Check in with your local municipalities for times and regulations.